Monday, January 08, 2007

3 weeks for blood results

I don't know if anyone has ever had to wait 3 weeks to get blood test results back (resluts and this is for Luna to laugh at) but that's what I've had to do. I had two blood samples taken on the 22nd Dec. One to test to see if I was anemic and the other was to test for PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome). The anemic result came back the week after, which said I wasnt anemic. Which I kind of knew because I gave blood the week before and if I were anemic, then my iron count would have been spotted then. Today, as you all know, is the 8th January 2007 and so far today I've been on the phone to the doctors 4 times. I've complained and one woman I talked with has taken it upon herself to make damn sure that I find out the results today. I'm waiting for the doctor to call me as I type this.

I've never had to wait this long to get any test result in my life. I suppose you could say this is typical of the National Health Service (NHS) in the UK. I can understand that over the christmas period it is hard to get test completed. People who do this have a life too, and I'm not even laying the blame fully on them. Most of the blame I'm placing on my doctors. I called on friday afternoon and I was told the results were back but the doctor still needed to look at them. I was told to call back in the afternoon, which I did and was told again that the doctor hadn't looked at the results. I was told to call on monday..which brings us to today.

I called in the morning only to be told that the doctor still hadnt looked at the results. I called again at 3pm and was told the same again. That's when I snapped and in the end, the woman on the other end of the phone took pity in me. True to her word, she passed messages onto the doctor and I'm awaiting this phone call.

For 3 weeks I've been worried over this whole PCOS thing. I've been trying my best to put it to the back of my mind but every now and then it pops into my head. Fingers crossed that this phonecall will be a good one but although it could be good, it can also be bad because that means they still don't have a clue what is wrong with me. Lets hope today gets the ball rolling again and faster this time!

No comments: