Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Eventful day in the life of Me!

Well, it was an evening. The past two days, I've had a killer cough (as rob can tell you. he's now deaf because of me) but the second day (today) was worse! I was sort of ok driving out to my mum's. Usual bullshit...runny nose and sneezing (from hayfever) but while eating dinner with my mum, I had a coughing fit, which normally would be funny to my mum (she seems to like laughing at my little misfortunes right now) but I near enough turned purple. I managed to calm that down but all the way home, I could feel pain in my throat...
So I get home, turn the computer on, get a drink and pick a dvd to watch. Then awhile later, I start to cough again and this time, I cant stop for ages. When I finally do, I cant breath right at all. So I called the NHS 24 helpine we have here in the UK. Spoke to really nice nurse who told me to get up to G Docs, which is an out of hours GP. to cut the journey up there short....
I get there and the doc takes one look at me and decides I need to be admitted into hospital. I pleaded with her not to so she decided to just check me out. I ended up on a breathing machine (cant spell the name) that they use for people with asthma. I was on that for about 5/10 minutes. She had me do about 5 breath tests, all of which made me have countless coughing fits. Then she told me I had to head to Accident and Emergancy to be put on another breathing machine for people with asthma...after all that, I'm told I have a very bad chest infection which I shouldnt have for someone of my age. I have to take 11 pills in total a day. Plus keep using my inhaler more often. She told me I'll cough up some really bad shit from my chest. So very attractive. This is going to last for about a week or two. I hate being fucking sick!

No comments: