Saturday, February 24, 2007

Movie Review - Hot Fuzz

Hot Fuzz
Directed by: Edger Wright
Written by: Edger Wright, Simon Pegg
Staring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Bill Nighy and Jim Broadbent
Plotline: Nicholas Angel is the finest cop London has to offer. He's so good, he makes everyone else look bad. As a result, Angel's superiors send him to a place where his talents won't be quite so embarrassing - the sleepy and seemingly crime-free village of Sandford. Once there, he is partnered with the well-meaning but overeager police officer Danny Butterman, who is a huge action movie fan and believes his new big-city partner might just be a real-life "bad boy," and his chance to experience the life of gunfights and car chases he so longs for. As a series of grisly accidents rocks the village, Angel is convinced that Sandford is not what it seems and he's out to clean up the mess.

This movie is made by the same guys who brought us Shaun of the Dead and if you've seen that movie then you'll LOVE Hot Fuzz. This movie is full of laughs, car chases, gunfights and twists. It's a must see for any comedy fan. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost don't disappoint the audience with their acting and comedy skills. There's not one wooden performance. Which makes it all the more watchable because you don't get bored half way through. I thought with the movie being 2 hours long that I would be praying for the end to come. In fact...I was praying for it to never end. I loved it. The only negative thing I can say about the movie is that there's too much of the fast sequence scenes that were made famous in Shaun of the Dead. I felt a few of them werent needed but I didn't let that cloud my judgement on the movie as a whole.

Highly enjoyable and most likely to become a cult success as Shaun of the Dead became. So enjoyable that I'm going into see it for a second time next week!! I'd give this movie a rating of 9/10

No comments: