Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Real Life Documentaries

I know I'm getting old when I start liking documentary programs on TV but I have to say..some open my eyes to things I knew about but didn't really care about, and others have taught me new things (as most do, I suppose). With only having 5 channels to watch, my options are limited but Channel 4 has been keeping me going. Not only because of Big Brother and Gordon Ramsay's F Word but because of the docu's on every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Talking Point - Wednesday Nights 11:05pm
Tonight the docu is called I Love You. And You. And You. It's about Polyamory.

Polyamory refers to the practice of having a consensual, loving relationship that involves more than two people.
Only Human - Thursday Nights 9pm
This weeks docu is called Can't Stop Eating. It's about people who suffer from the rare genetic disorder called PWS.
Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS). PWS is a rare genetic disorder which affects 2,000 people in the UK today. One of its key symptoms is that sufferers never feel full and cannot control their eating.
Cutting Edge - Monday Nights 9pm
Next weeks docu is called Wedding Days.
This heartfelt film reveals the very human stories of 20 couples, brought together in one moment of time, over a quarter of a century ago.
Last Monday's Cuttin Edge was about The Dead Body Squad.
Once a dead body has been found and removed by coroners, Matt and his team are called in to clean up what is left behind. An undiscovered body quickly begins to decompose and a suicide can leave a very gruesome aftermath, known in the trade as a 'body job'.
Last weeks Talking Point was about The Guy with 80 Wives.
Warren Jeffs, the leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints (FLDS), is on the FBI’s 10 most wanted list.
I love watching these documentaries. Anyone in the UK should take time out before/after Big Brother to watch these. You'll enjoy them and they'll really shock you!

No comments: