Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Puzzle for you all

Work out this puzzle and lets see who is the correct one.

"How old are you grandma?", the young boy asked one day...

"Don't you know its rude to ask a lady's age?" replied Grandma to the curious little boy...

"Sorry", replied the boy, "I didnt know, but I still want to know your age?"

"Well... see if you can solve this puzzle", smiled the old lady, "It will help you with your sums."

The little boy listened as his grandma spoke.

"Next year", said the old lady "I will be six times as old as I am now, less six times as old as i was 10 years ago.."

How old is Grandma?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

6(age)-6(age-10)=age+1

6age - 6age +60=age+1

60-1=age

59.

That was fun. :)

-Jyll

nenni said...

That was too easy lol. I'll find harder ones the next time!