Thursday, May 03, 2007

Movie Review: Night at the Museum

I wasn't really sure I would like this movie. I am not much for comedies, and the trailors made it seem like a movie more for children. We bought it this past weekend and I am so glad that we did.
Larry, played by Ben Stiller, is a divorced father who has never finished anything he starts. He can't hold a steady job and is constantly having to move due to evictions. Because of this, it is causing turmoil between him and his son. He goes to a temp agency and they refer him to the Museum to take a job as the night watch man. His first night working there, every thing in the museum comes to life. The movie is extremely funny. Robin Williams, Dick Van Dyke, and Mickey Rooney play in this movie.
My daughter found this movie funny and stayed up and watched the whole movie. It is a great movie for all ages. Between the wild, humourous antics that each character in the museum does, to the morals and story line between Larry and his son. There is also a little bit of a love story. There are a few lessons that the movie teaches.
I recommend this movie to people of all ages. I enjoyed it and will enjoy watching it again with my family.

No comments: